Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Global Health Research and Evaluation Specialist
ICF is seeking a Global Development Research Specialist to support various international health and development projects. The global development research specialist will work with multi-disciplinary research teams to design, implement, and manage research studies including implementation research, health systems research, large surveys, and evaluations. He or she will also contribute to program monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities and will prepare various products to disseminate findings. Activities will focus mainly on health, nutrition, and food security. The full-time position is based in Rockville, MD.
- Support the development of research protocols including methodologies, ethics board review applications, and data collection tools
- Coordinate implementation of research activities in different countries including recruiting and training local partners and monitoring field activities, task schedules, and budgets
- Conduct literature reviews
- Participate in data collection
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare reports and synthesize findings for diverse stakeholders
- Present research findings through conferences and webinars
- Contribute to technical assistance and capacity strengthening exercises with counterparts
- Support business development activities, including proposal writing
- Provide project management support
- Master’s degree in public health, international studies, epidemiology, statistics, or social science
- Courses in research methodologies and statistical analysis
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience conducting data analyses with STATA or R
- Experience working overseas in a USAID-supported country
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Limited working proficiency in French verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel internationally (approximately 25% time)
- Experience working on USAID projects
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software packages
- Data visualization skills
- Prior business development experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations and developing country environments
- Ability to work across different projects and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
- General professional proficiency in French verbal and written communication
- French verbal and written communication
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)