Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Global Health Data Scientist
ICF is looking for an experienced Global Health Data Scientist to join our team that supports projects around the world working with development organizations, governments, and their beneficiaries to design, monitor, and evaluate complex multi-sectoral programs. Our experts ensure that programs address accountability, measure impact, and use best practices and tools to improve program effectiveness. We bring to monitoring, evaluation, and learning engagements strong design and analytical capabilities, tools to gather quality data from remote regions, a commitment to local capacity building, experience managing large-scale, complex projects, and insightful visualization of data.
The Data Scientist will work across a variety of projects with multi-disciplinary teams. There will be opportunities to support and lead activities. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in end-to-end analytic support, including defining research or evaluation problems; acquiring data from diverse sources; conducting exploratory data analysis, data modeling, and data visualization; and communicating results.
The Global Health Data Scientist will work with a multi-disciplinary teams and projects on:
- Supporting or leading a variety of research activities which includes:
- Defining and asking questions that determine data requirements for creating a model and understand the research and evaluation problems.
- Designing research protocols and obtaining ethics approvals
- Acquiring data from diverse primary and secondary sources
- Preparing data for analysis including cleaning and transformation
- Analyzing diverse data sets, including large data sets
- Designing analytic, visualization, and other information products
- Writing up analytic results and recommendation
- Presenting results and conclusions to stakeholders
- Contributing to business development processes including writing proposals
- Working collaboratively with other team members, understand dependencies, and be agile in adapting as per project requirements
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics, economics, operations research, demography, anthropology, international studies
- 10+ years of experience in applied analytical competencies using robust methods
- Data analytic skills in mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Experience in statistical analysis using Excel, SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, Python, or other packages.
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or MicroStrategy
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including manuscripts writing, technical reports, and presentations
- Experience conducting analytic and research activities in low- and middle-income countries
- USAID experience
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning complexities (MEL) such as working with indicators, MEL plans, designing and implementing evaluations, experience with routine health data
- Ability to travel 25% time
- Fluent spoken and written English
- French language proficiency
- PhD in public health, statistics, economics, operations research, demography, international development
- Experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Experience using Stata
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) concepts
- Commitment to public health and global development objectives
- Experience working with the UN Agencies, Global Fund, WHO, the World Bank.
- Experience in project leadership, development, and staff mentorship
- Exposure in Health Systems Strengthening
- Experience performing a wide range of evaluations including program evaluations, process evaluations, and quantitative analyses utilizing large, complex datasets
- Proactive in learning new data analytic languages and products to find new solutions for client problems
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)