Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
About ICF’s Information Insights (I2) Group
ICF’s Information Insights (I2) team is comprised of experienced professionals with the skills required to unlock the power of governed data discovery. Our staff provides deep technical and business support for data acquisition, data analysis/data science, and interactive data visualizations.
We’re looking for a seasoned GIS Data Analyst who enjoys working directly with clients to design and implement custom mapping and spatial analytic and reporting solutions, start to finish, in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You’ll be immersed in a variety of projects, helping government and commercial clients evaluate spatial data and data sources, design analysis requirements, and build GIS tools and applications to meet pressing business needs. This includes working with ICF colleagues and clients to assess, define and implement improved business processes. As part of a larger team of data scientists and data engineers, you’ll help deliver comprehensive analytics solutions leveraging cutting edge tools and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform GIS analysis to develop client focused outputs, maps, and dashboards that integrate large quantities of complex data and provide context and insights relevant to mission objectives.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on a client’s spatial and non-spatial data.
- Evaluate and integrate spatial data from various data sources and data types (geodatabases, web services, raster and image files) using extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes.
- Work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business needs into spatial analysis requirements.
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define mapping and reporting requirements.
- Support development of custom reports and other data visualization products.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 8 + years of experience designing and implementing spatial analysis in a desktop GIS and data analyst role using ArcGIS or QGIS
- 5 + years of experience managing and creating web-based mapping applications using tools such as ArcGIS Online, Carto, or Mapbox.
- 5 + Years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as PostgreSQL, Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI etc
- 2 + years of experience using GIS scripting languages such as Python or R.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g., Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- Knowledge of open source enterprise GIS Systems such as GeoServer.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)