Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
GIS Technical Director
Join our growing GIS team and build innovative tools and services that address complex issues. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor across a range of domains. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
What will you be doing?
- Lead a team of data and GIS experts in managing a complex portfolio of data collection and analysis work.
- Oversee validation and implementation of an enterprise GIS architecture.
- Oversee GIS analysis to develop client focused outputs, maps, and dashboards that integrate data relevant to infrastructure and community resilience.
- Oversee work to design, build, deploy, and maintain web-based geospatial applications using custom and off-the-shelf mapping tools.
- Apply understanding of cross-domain planning and land use considerations to support clients in transportation, disaster recovery, climate resilience, and energy.
- Engage with project stakeholders to elicit technical requirements and communicate progress and expectations.
- Interface directly with clients to manage schedule, budget, and technical priorities for a multi-phase enterprise GIS project.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- 15 years of experience performing complex GIS analysis involving infrastructure and/or multi-hazard datasets.
- 5 years of experience working with Esri’s suite of desktop and web GIS tools.
- Knowledge of data, communities, and government agencies in Puerto Rico.
- Located in Puerto Rico, or willing to relocate to Puerto Rico.
What we’d like you to know:
- Understand concepts and applicable software tools and analytical methodologies for analyzing and visualizing all types of GIS and remote sensing data.
- Familiarity with automating data pipelines using open source (Python or R) and cloud-native (AWS, Azure) tools.
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$122,494.00 - $208,239.00
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)