Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Join our growing GIS team and build innovative tools and services that address complex issues at the intersection of geospatial data, algorithms, and infrastructure. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor across a range of domains. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Work independently and as a member of a multi-functional, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to design and build dynamic front- and back-end GIS applications
Drive end user satisfaction through the integration of interactive maps and geospatial analytics across desktop and mobile web interfaces.
Write well-designed, testable code for custom applications, reports, and data visualizations that successfully delight clients and win future business.
Develop solutions to complex problems in creative and effective ways by integrating the latest web mapping APIs, web mapping platforms, serverless technologies, and microservices strategies.
Devise airtight logic behind implementation of automated testing routines.
Produce lucid, straightforward documentation for applications and record comprehensive trainings for delivery to end users.
Collaborate across multiple teams and iterate on designs through daily use of version control standards.
Technologies you will use:
• GIS Servers (e.g. ArcGIS Server, GeoServer)
• Python/R scripting
• Automated testing tools (Selenium)
What you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree (Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline).
• 2 years of experience working with spatial databases (PostgreSQL with PostGIS)
• 2 years of experience with Agile software development and modern DevSecOps processes.• US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder) required. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract.
What we’d like you to know:
• Understand concepts and applicable software tools and analytical methodologies for visualizing different types of spatial data.
• Familiarity with 508 issues and compliance. • Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative.
Why you'll love working here:
• Opportunities for professional growth
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Generous vacation and retirement plans
• Employee support program
• Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)