Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF Is searching for a GIS / Data Analysts to support an Emergency Management program both in Washington, DC and regional locations throughout the US.
What you'll do:
· Perform GIS analysis to develop client focused analytical models, data products, and dashboards that integrate large quantities of complex data and provide context and insights relevant to mission objectives.
· Customize back end and front-end GIS tools and applications, using programming languages, such as Python
· Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on a client’s spatial and non-spatial data, and manage data using geodatabases and relational database tools like PostGIS.
· Evaluate and integrate spatial data from various data sources and data types (geodatabases, web services, raster and image files) using extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes.
· Support development of custom applications, reports and other data visualization products to help clients improve their decision-making effectiveness.
What you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
· 2 or more years of experience designing and implementing spatial analysis in a desktop GIS and data analyst role, using ArcGIS or QGIS
· 1+ year of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or ArcGIS Online
· Experience working with datasets and performing analyses related to natural disasters, disaster operations, and other emergencies
· Knowledge of the Robert T. Stafford Act, the National Response Framework, and other doctrine and guidance for the federal role in responding to natural disasters and other emergencies
· US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder) preferred. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract.
Technologies you'll use:
· ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online
· Python, R
· Tableau, PowerBI
· AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
What we’d like you to know:
· Understand concept and applicable software tools and analytical methodologies for modeling spatial datasets including network analysis
· Familiarity with existing demographic, socioeconomic, critical infrastructure, transportation, environmental, and hazard datasets
· Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
· Experience with agile development processes
Why you'll love working here:
· Generous vacation and retirement plans
· Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
· Ongoing training and development opportunities
· Friendly community with lots of social events
· Participation in charity initiatives
· Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)