Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging, and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is currently seeking a Geographical Information Systems Analyst to be based in our San Diego, CA office. The option to work remotely is available with a preference in Southern California.
What You Will Do
You will provide GIS technical services for a variety of client projects in the areas of natural resource conservation, water resources, land use and transportation planning, and environmental impact assessment. You will join our analytical team which includes software developers, data modelers, and geographic information system analysts. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment with data scientists, biologists, conservation planners, archaeologists, and transportation experts.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, environmental sciences, or a related field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in GIS using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro
- Proven experience with complex spatial modeling, including the use of Model Builder and Python Scripting
- Proven experience working with ArcGIS Online, Collector/Field Maps
- Understand cartographic principles and possess the ability to produce quality maps while maintaining efficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word); comfortable with Excel operations such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts/analysis to non-technical/non-expert audience
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide client services
- Ability to be adaptive in a fast-paced environment, including learning new technologies and juggling multiple projects depending on priority need.
What We’d Like You to Have
- Experience with Python, including the ArcPy module, and the ability to manipulate scripts for use in automating analysis and figure production
- Experience creating smart field data collection forms with platforms such as Survey123 and Fulcrum
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Diego, CA (CA74)