Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF has an opening for a Geospatial Analyst working primarily with The Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program’s Geospatial team. The DHS Program is a US Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project that supports the collection of demographic and health data through nationally representative population and facility-based surveys in low- and middle-income countries.
The Geospatial Analyst will primarily focus on the preparation, processing and management of geospatial data collected under various types of DHS surveys. Tasks will include GPS processing, assist in data collection plans, validating geographic data in surveys, map creation for reports and online tools, and basic spatial analysis.
The Analyst will also be involved in other cross-cutting projects at ICF with a need for GIS support. The Geospatial Analyst will report directly to the Geospatial Research Manager and will work closely with the other members of the Geospatial team. This full-time position will be based in Rockville, MD (in the Washington, DC metro area), once it is safe to reopen offices due to COVID-19.
- Produce maps for publications, presentations, and webpages
- Work with survey managers, data processing specialists, and in-country organizations in the validation and processing of GPS data
- Provide geographic data management and validation support to projects
- Update and maintain offline/online GPS/GIS datasets
- Prepare GIS data for use in web mapping applications
- Prepare geographic data for use in spatial analysis activities
- Participate in analysis activities and report writing
- BA/BS in geography, GIS, computer science, mathematics, social science, or related field
- Experience in managing and analyzing large health or demographic datasets
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical software such as Stata, Python, or R
- Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x, ArcGIS Pro
- Knowledge of GIS applications as it relates to health and population data
- Experience with raster (geospatial covariates) data processing
- Experience of documenting and sharing code (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with low- and middle-income countries is a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (e.g., keeping folders organized, documenting processes)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multicultural situations
- Ability to work effectively with other project staff, USAID, other donors and international organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)