Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF seeks a Medical/Scientific Writer to support our National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)/ Office of Rare Disease Research (ORDR) client. ORDR coordinates and supports rare diseases research, responds to research opportunities for rare diseases, and provides information on rare diseases. ORDR supports the Genetic and Rare Disease Information Center (GARD) website to provide information about rare and genetic diseases to patients, families, and medical professionals.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for assisting in identifying specified clinical characteristics for a set of genetic and rare diseases using published, peer-reviewed medical articles. Identified characteristics of each disease will be entered into a database supporting research efforts as well as the GARD website. This is a temporary position with the possibility of extension and is a telecommuting position.
- Identify key published medical articles for each genetic and rare disease that can be utilized to determine specific disease characteristics.
- Critically evaluate the evidence level for defining the characteristics for each disease.
- Determine and validate the characteristics for each disease.
- Work in Salesforce database to log characteristics.
- Work in shared Google sheets and documents.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and processes for tasks.
- Degree in health/medical-related field.
- Experience locating, reviewing, and curating published medical articles.
- Proficiency in utilizing electronic sources of medical and scientific disease information.
- Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to meet production deadlines.
- Possess the aptitude for understanding the “big picture” while focusing on accuracy and details.
- Display a strong commitment to working in a team environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze complex information gathered from different sources.
- Ability to identify and resolve content inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as needed.
- Flexibility to assist in related tasks including writing for website.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in working in Google sheets and documents
- Proficiency in working Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in multiple formats for communication (for example, Outlook email, Slack)
- Proficiency in multiple meeting formats (for example, Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft teams)
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish, strongly preferred
- Medical/Scientific/Research writing
- Experience writing in plain language
- Health related website experience
- Experience working in Salesforce
- Knowledge of rare or medical diseases is ideal
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)