Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Azure Full-Stack Developer
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentlessly making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of management consultants, mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we expand our services and support this growth, we are looking for Developers to join our Public Health, Informatics, Research, Survey, and Technical Assistance (PHIRST) line of business providing technical services to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our services support the CDC Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and broader CDC Centers, Institutes, and Offices (C/I/Os) in meeting the objectives of the agency's Data Modernization Initiative (DMI).
We are looking for mid to senior- level Full-Stack Developers who are customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize and migrate their applications into the cloud. You will work collaboratively with other developers, product managers, and contractors to help our clients modernize and migrate their applications to the cloud. You will need solid and well-documented coding skills for collaborative development, which may extend across multiple programs.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to move smoothly between analytical, tactical, and strategic conversations with technical, business, and team leadership. You will be critical in developing consistent and structured coding, which may interact with other applications, cloud-native, or platform-as-a-service. Applications or components of your code may be leveraged across other programs, foundational, or enterprise services.
About the role:
- Accountable to the team lead on the modernization project.
- Attend client and virtual team meetings and, when required, on-site in-person meetings.
- Applications may be deployed to one of more cloud service offerings across Azure (~90%) and AWS (~10%).
- Participate in the complete software development process from conception to deployment and ongoing maintenance & upgrades.
- You understand the importance of security and believe risk management should be tackled early and not as an afterthought.
- You are passionate about automation and creating an environment that fosters DevSecOps approaches by working with DevSecOps teams to build, test, and automatically deploy code to the environment.
- You articulate the connection from technical services to business capabilities and help organizations navigate the tension between evolving traditional IT processes and modern development approaches.
- You understand that success is not about being a hero. It’s about developing a capable team to deliver the right solutions to our clients.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, interacting with all levels of ICF and Project Development Team staff, CDC OCIO, and C/I/O stakeholders.
- Passion for increasing quality and driving business value by leveraging an increasing list of standard application components, APIs, foundational, and enterprise services.
- Possess a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Develop and support application development sprints and backlogs, conduct code reviews, and troubleshoot code performance in application modules.
- Strong problem-solving attitude, collaborative team spirit, investigative mentality, decision-making, and strategic and associative thinking capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, including editing and proofreading skills, thought leadership, and formal presentation skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation coupled with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency credential.
- US Citizen or Green Card and located within the continental US.
- 2+ years of experience deploying code into Azure cloud computing.
- 1+ years in writing test cases or UAT automation planning and reviewing test harness code.
- 1+ years of experience in SQL code and databases (both structured and unstructured).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Azure cloud-native technologies, including serverless functions, container implementations, DevOps, CLI, databases, compute, storage, security, and networks.
- 2+ years developing applications built with .NET, Java, Python, or other programming languages on Azure.
- 2+ years of deployed written code and/or implemented CI/CD pipelines leveraging tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Azure native databases such as Azure Blob Storage, Cosmos DB, etc.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Kotlin object-oriented programming language is considered a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL, MySQL, and MongoDB databases.
- Familiarity with various automation and configuration management tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Familiarity with containerization orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Azure Container Services, and RedHat OpenShift.
- Experience with cloud service providers (Azure and AWS) advanced concepts such as Serverless, Infrastructure as Code, and CI/CD pipeline runners from Git repositories.
- Ability to lead developer teams to complete application development sprints and backlogs.
- Ability to lead code reviews and troubleshoot code performance in application modules.
- Ability to work with UAT automation planning and review test harness code.
- Experience with Agile programming and Low Code/No Code programming on Microsoft Power Platform and Visual Studio development, testing automation, CI/CD coding, functional integration, performance test-driven optimization of the codebase, and API programming for data interchanges.
- Experience in programming that may include AWS Templates, Terraform, and Bicep templates for automated infrastructure deployment in AWS.
- Foundation and Professional certifications in Azure and AWS.
- Familiarity with Information Security Standards such NIST
- Ability to work in a fast place environment, team player, MS tools etc.)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$90,940.00 - $154,598.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)