Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
ICF is searching for a Full Stack Developer or Front-end Developer specializing in Angular/TypeScript with JAVA/Kotlin experience to support the development of the ClinicalTrials.gov website. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all staff are currently teleworking. Once staff can return to work in-person the position will be onsite at our client office which is located at the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
The National Institutes of Health, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research (http://www.nih.gov/). The National Library of Medicine (NLM) at NIH collects, organizes, and makes available biomedical science information to scientists, health professionals, and the public (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/), including the ClinicalTrials.gov database. ClinicalTrials.gov is a database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies conducted around the world. Both registration and results submission are accomplished through the Web-based Protocol Registration and Results System (PRS).
You will join ClinicalTrials.gov team of web developers and software engineers to build user friendly, robust, flexible web applications. This role calls for more than an expert coder and architect – someone fluent in modern UI design and usability principles, who can work equally effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security and DevOps engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Angular and TypeScript supporting millions of daily users
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data visualization, using modern APIs and frameworks
- Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- The successful candidate is self-initiated, intuitive, and possesses technical and business acumen
- BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Angular and TypeScript
- Experience with one of the current languages: Kotlin, Java.
- Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
- Selenium testing
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Adept at agile techniques and practices
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)