Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Full Stack .NET Core Developer
ICF is searching for a Full Stack .Net Core Developer to support the development of our NIH client. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all staff are currently teleworking. Once staff can return to work in-person the position will be onsite at our office which is located at in Rockville, MD.
The National Institutes of Health, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research (http://www.nih.gov/).
You will join the NIH team of web developers and software engineers to build user friendly, robust, flexible web applications. This role calls for more than an expert coder and architect – someone fluent in modern UI design and usability principles, who can work equally effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security and DevOps engineers.
Basic minimum qualifications:
- BS in computer sciences or related field
- 5+ years of experience with an object-oriented language such as .NET, Java, PHP.
- 3+ years of experience with REST API Architecture
- 3+ years of working with and knowledge of Model-View-Controller software architecture.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with ORM tools like Entity Framework Core
- Experience with React development
- Experience with Cloud architecture such as AWS or Azure
- Proficient with Git and GitHub
- Experience with Section 508 accessibility
- Experience with static website generators such as GatsbyJS
- Experience with the AWS Lambda service
- Experience with AWS S3 service
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Participate in the redesign of government health web site using modern web development technologies and techniques
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail
- Experienced in Microsoft Office or comparable productivity suite
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)