Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Full Stack Engineer, Remote
This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the continental U.S. However, this role requires that you be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours, 8 am to 5 pm EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help to plan and execute the modernization/decomposition of a large, legacy application through incremental application of the strangler pattern.
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Apply and generate best practices in multiple technical domains using various technology products and services.
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Due to government contract, must be US Citizen or green card holder, able to obtain U.S. government public trust clearance.
- 5 or more years of experience building full-stack web-based enterprise systems
- 5 or more years of experience using automated testing as an integral part of feature development and bug fixes
- 5 or more years of experience designing and implementing APIs
- 5 or more years of experience with database development
- 2 or more years of experience working on Agile teams
- 2 or more years of experience working with Git-based source control management.
What is nice to have:
- Experience with containerization using Docker
- Experience with developing applications and deploying them to the AWS Cloud
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience creating build/deploy pipelines (e.g., in CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Travis, etc.)
- Experience with Java and Angular
What you’ll love about working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Technologies you’ll use:
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)