Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Freelance Digital Strategist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Freelance Digital Strategist in our Toronto office.
As a Digital Strategist, you will:
- Transform client thinking using your understanding of the entire digital ecosystem, including mobile web, search, SMS, social, voice, in-car and other digital channels
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on business analysis, strategic modeling, differentiated digital experiences, digital capabilities, and/or road mapping
- Engage with clients to identify key strategic challenges and needs across business, marketing and digital spaces; evaluate scope of strategic engagement
- Analyze business, marketing, and digital performance across products, markets, audiences, and channels using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Advise clients (Director, VP, C-Level) on strategic considerations and best practices for building effective digital marketing organizations
- Generate content strategies that activate multiple target audiences
- Translate client KPIs into content strategies that drive measurable results
- Participate in content-related stakeholder interview identification, planning, facilitation, and analysis
- Assess existing client content to identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps, inconsistencies, and opportunities
- Provide thought leadership to develop POVs on content-related issues such as search, discoverability, content sharing, user-generated content, content distribution, and syndication
As a Digital Strategist, you will have:
- 8+ years of strategy experience in a digital marketing agency or consulting environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Technology or related field
- Internet, marketing, and/or management consulting (consulting, agency, or client-side) experience with a focus on the digital space
- Strong understanding of audience identification, target market planning, user research, user-centered design principles, and digital customer behavior
- Strong interpersonal skills as a team leader and team player with experience managing and training other consultants
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills—able to present and defend ideas to Director, VP, and C-level clients
- MBA a plus
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)