Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Financial Specialist (Grants, Victim Services) REMOTE ROLE
Financial Specialist (Grants, Victim Services)
ICF seeks experienced Financial Specialist to provide federal grants financial management training and technical assistance (TTA). In this role you will support U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs (OJP) grantees to build financial management capacity and infrastructure to improve financial management of federal awards to support victim services, criminal justice, juvenile justice, and justice research programs.
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
- Conduct needs assessments and develop a plan with a range of TTA options to meet those identified needs.
- Provide grantees with the necessary organizational financial management TTA (both remote/onsite), grants management knowledge, and resources needed to meet federal grants financial management requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of existing grants financial management tools and develop new plain language resources to strengthen the organizational financial management capacity of grantees
- Participate in webinars, conferences, regional meetings and other events to increase awareness and knowledge of federal grants financial management requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any finance and accounting field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in financial management, accounting, Federal grants management, business administration or organizational development-related disciplines.
- Experience providing TTA to either American Indians/Alaska Natives, U.S. Territories, or State Administering Agencies.
- Experience with OJP grants financial management requirements.
- Experience with technology, e.g., setting up audio/visual equipment and comfortable with technologies that facilitate virtual meetings and communication.
- Experience working with federal grantees and a client-service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform or manage a full range of financial management, accounting, business administration or organizational development-related work.
- Demonstrate excellent analytic and effective communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage the provision of direct technical assistance services to the field; evaluate curriculum or training; conduct needs assessments; and develop publications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national trends and initiatives; the organizations and individuals actively leading the field; and effective program and project implementation.
- Applicants should have the ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (once pandemic restrictions are lifted).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)