Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Financial Capability Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Financial Capability Specialist
As a Financial Capability Specialist, you will be responsible for a range of tasks that support ICF’s projects on a) Financial education and programs that help consumers navigate the financial marketplace, b) Research that identifies consumer protection issues, and c) Partnerships with community-based organizations to promote consumers’ financial well-being.
You will become an integral part of a team that is developing and offering innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services for multiple clients.
We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US. This is an early career position.
- Developing financial education tools and resources for use by consumers and by professionals that work with consumers in various social service programs
- Organizing virtual roundtable discussions on consumer finance issues and compiling reports on the issues and solutions discussed
- Assisting with conference and meeting planning tasks, including marketing, outreach, and coordinating with speakers
- Coordinating with federal clients and consultants to track key deadlines and deliverables for timeliness and completeness
- Organizing webinars and operating webinar platforms for national events
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, government, economics, or a similar field
- Minimum 3 years' experience related to tasks described in position duties
- Master’s degree in public policy, government, economics, or a similar field
- Experience with or knowledge of programs that ameliorate poverty
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
- Experience organizing in-person and virtual events
- Experience with basic data analysis and creation of charts and other data visualizations
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently – a self-motivated individual who is solution-oriented
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, including the ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including a courteous, collegial, and cooperative attitude
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$46,667.00 - $79,333.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)