Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Finance Project Analyst
ICF currently seeks a full-time Finance Project Analyst within the Housing and Community Development (HCD) Business Portfolio. Reporting to the Project Finance Control Senior Manager. The incumbent will provide grant management, administrative and financial support to federal grants.
- Assist Project Manager(s) and project staff in the preparation of narrative and financial information to be included within monthly reporting to clients.
- Provide key financial status updates (e.g., burn rate, remaining backlog, project profit levels) to Project Managers and Finance & Administration Lead.
- Perform invoicing coordination and quality reviews for complex government contracts.
- Develop and update reports and other financial management tools related to project budgets as needed.
- Regularly communicate with Project Managers/Directors regarding status of grants
- Manage and provide quality control for the data entry process of the online government systems of record.
- Coordinate the timely creation of monthly invoices, including detailed line item cost justification.
- Provide forecasting support and assist in actual to budget comparisons for Project Managers and Finance & Administration Lead.
- Interact regularly with government client
- Interact with Project Finance Controller, Billing, Project Managers, and Group & Project Control Managers regarding project related issues.
- Develop and maintain process documents and procedures.
- Assist Procurement Manager with subcontractor procurement and administration (includes direct communication with subcontractors and tracking of their applications and budgets)
- Associate’s degree, preferably in business administration or management
- 2 years’ experience related to project financials and accounting
- Skilled in Excel (including proficiency in VLOOKUP, IF functions and pivot tables)
- Aptitude with data manipulation and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience supporting federal contracting programs
- Demonstrated experience working independently
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
- High attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills required
- Working knowledge of basic finance procedures and general accounting principles
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to independently analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)