Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Finance and Operations Director | Nutrition and Health Systems
ICF is seeking a Finance and Operations Director (FO) for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded global health project. The FO will oversee the day-to-day operations and financial management of the project. The position will be based in the Rockville, MD office, but may require occasional international travel. Primary duties include budgeting; managing, and tracking of grants, invoices, and purchase orders; and oversight of project human resources, information technology, facilities, and logistics.
The FO will report to the Project Director and have ongoing coordination with ICF business support. The FO will oversee the financial management of the project and provide all necessary financial reporting for both internal monitoring and compliance with USAID requirements, reporting formats, and specified deliverables. The FO will provide the Project Director with ongoing budget and staffing project reports, including utilization and burn rates. The position will provide administrative functions, such as compliance with local laws, procurement, and management of logistics and operations.
The FO’s primary responsibilities will include ensuring overall compliance with ICF policies and USAID rules and regulations. The FO will manage all aspects of program operations and administration, providing effective support in finance, procurement, asset management, subcontractor management, security, project start up, and project closeout. The FO will play a key role in supporting the Project Director, Technical Director, and Grants Manager to effectively achieve the results defined in the contract within budget. Responsibilities specifically include the following:
- Work with project leadership on project work plans, budgets, timelines, and logistics
- Support the Project Director in the definition and execution of buy-in activities and the development of plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Monitor financial performance and provide detailed reports during project start up, throughout implementation, and at closeout
- Liaise with ICF internal support functions (e.g., contracts, subcontracts, finance, human resources, information technology) to ensure smooth operations and clarify roles and responsibilities
- Oversee financial, operational, and administrative functions in the execution of grants, subcontracts, and procurement, in compliance with ICF’s policies and standards
- Supervise project finance and operations staff
- Ensure compliance related to USAID rules and regulations regarding financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, environmental compliance, and other policies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, commerce, international relations, or related field
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience supporting finance and operations on USAID projects
- 5+ years of experience as lead or deputy lead for finance and operations on a USAID-funded project of similar size and scope
- Must be familiar with rules and regulations of the US Government including Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Acquisition Regulations for cooperative agreements.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting
- A demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners and subcontractors across different countries
- Experience quickly starting up project activities in multiple countries
- Experience providing similar services on a USAID project
- Excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being a good speaker and sympathetic listener
- Excellent presentation ability, as well as experience working with an intercultural team in a development context
- Ability to use MS Office tools, especially Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$166,964.00 - $283,839.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)