Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Field Inspector – Disaster Recovery / US Virgin Islands
Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning.
ICF seeks Field Inspectors for Disaster Recovery work. This position is full time and based in the US Virgin Island . This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team that delivers results and helps make BIG things possible.
Preference will be given to local USVI applicants or those wishing to move to the US Virgin Islands.
The Field Inspector will travel to assigned cases to conduct field evaluations for damage caused by Hurricane Irma/Maria.
- Identify, document and photograph damages or loss of verifiable damage.
- Document damage and input into database
- Complete required forms as directed.
- Work with case management and intake specialist personnel as needed.
- Follow procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Provide additional information upon request.
- Report to a Project Lead and gain some exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function.
- Coordinate and participate in case meetings. - –
- Maintain and track caseload and track in management information system.
- Keep Project Lead informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience working as a Field Inspector.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however experience will be considered in lieu of degree. - Knowledge in one of the fields (construction, mechanical, structural/civil, electrical, and architectural) is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience using Xactimate, RS Means or other similar system is preferred.
- Prior experience performing inspections for disaster recovery program(s) preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$81,624.00 - $138,761.00
US Virgin Islands Remote Office (VI99)