Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
FEMA Project Specialists
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
In response to ICF's Disaster Management growth and Hurricane IDA related efforts, we are currently seeking experienced Public Assistance Project Specialists to join us immediately.
- Reviewing and answering technical questions, reviewing completed case files prior to submission to FEMA (DDD – Damage, Description & Dimensions, Scope of Work, Cost Estimate, and any hazard mitigation work).
- Grant Management related activities
- Reviewing construction contracts for compliance with state, federal and local laws, regulations and Serving as the direct interface with a high-level officials and other client partners
- Ensuring the delivery of timely, effective and high-quality results to support the disaster recovery effort. - Ensuring all laws, rules, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements are met
Qualifications and Experience Needed:
- 3+ years experience in disaster management
- Experience in Public Assistance- 3+ years experience working with federal regulations, policies and guidance within the FEMA Public Assistance Program
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Experience with FEMA 428 alternate procedures
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred. - Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)
- Professional reputation for consistent excellence in delivering upon client commitments, ensuring effective program and project quality review processes, and driving a customer satisfaction culture. - Strong written and verbal communications, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills and strong integrity and ethics.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Remote Office (LA99)