Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
FEMA Cost Estimators – Disaster Recovery / US Virgin Islands
Ready to look for new opportunities in the new year? ICF's Disaster Management team is seeking an experienced Cost Estimator to support Hurricane Disaster Recovery efforts in the US Virgin Islands. This is a full-time and benefits eligible position.
As a Cost Estimator at ICF, you will develop scope of work and cost estimates based on documentation collected by the project team with input, when necessary, from the technical team. In addition, you will review cost estimates developed by FEMA.
- Evaluate project worksheets (PWs) for eligible damages
- Collaborate with licensed engineers on technical issues
- Gather standard cost data
- Develop cost information and estimates for repair and/or replacement of disaster-related damage
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of experience working in the construction industry
- Familiarity with regulations and standard procedures that may impact cost estimates such as environmental compliance regulatory compliance, hazard mitigation, debris removal and duplication of benefits
- Familiarity with the Stafford Act regarding public assistance programs
- Demonstrated experience with cost estimating tools such as RS MEANS or CostWorks
- Experience with cost estimating for repair and reconstruction infrastructure projects
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas: project development, hazard mitigation measures, engineering, or architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations, policies and guidance within the FEMA Public Assistance Program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$81,624.00 - $138,761.00
US Virgin Islands Remote Office (VI99)