Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
FEMA Cost Estimators - Disaster Recovery
ICF seeks experienced Project Cost Estimators to support Hurricane Disaster Recovery efforts in Puerto Rico. All positions are full-time and benefits eligible.
Primary role of the Cost Estimators developed scope of work and cost estimates based on documentation collected by the project team with input, when necessary, from the technical team. This position will also review cost estimates developed by FEMA.
- Evaluate project worksheets (PWs) for eligible damages
- Collaborate with licensed engineers on technical issues
- Gather standard cost data
- Develop cost information and estimates for repair and/or replacement of disaster-related damage
- 3+ years of experience working as a Construction Cost Estimator
- Experience with cost estimating for repair and reconstruction infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with regulations and standard procedures that may impact cost estimates such as environmental compliance regulatory compliance, hazard mitigation, debris removal and duplication of benefits
- Demonstrated experience with cost estimating tools such as RS MEANS or CostWorks
- Familiarity with the Stafford Act regarding public assistance programs
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas: construction, project development, hazard mitigation measures, engineering, or architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations, policies and guidance within the FEMA Public Assistance Program
- We have mid and Senior level roles available. For the Senior level Certified Engineering Certification or other professional certification is required plus 10 years of experience as a Cost Estimator
- Experience with disaster recovery cost estimating and data reporting
- Resident of Puerto Rico
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)