Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Job title: Junior Facilities Coordinator
Office Location: Birmingham, UK
Reports to: Deputy E&A Facilities Manager
The Junior Facilities Coordinator role is an integral role within the Facilities E&A team that supports the delivery of Facilities operations for ICF. The role plays a vital part within the delivery of health and safety, reception/access, hard and soft services, projects and minor works, working with third party contractors on the delivery of but not limited to contracts such as waste, catering, cleaning, maintenance and security.
- Answer the phones and greet clients/visitors and ensure that the office/reception area maintain the desired level of client service.
- To ensure that records of the arrival of visitors and the issue of passes are completed in a timely and professional manner. Building security access card system as required in line with company guidelines and problem solve with regards to access levels and faults as directed by Office Manager.
- To ensure that notification of any person(s) being visited are informed of arrival of visitor in a timely manner and kept informed as and when required.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and couriers. Scanning and distributing post to relevant colleagues. Follow up of registered mail and maintain invoice records for couriers and post and adding job numbers to each invoice.
- To monitor and update desk booking system, facilities logs and spreadsheets.
- Keep all areas updated with COVID information and procedures, making sure touch points are regularly clean, sanitizer and wipes are available.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting rooms in accordance with hosts requirements, which includes the setting up of all furniture & organising catering requirements.
- Quality assurance – to undertake daily, weekly and monthly walk rounds, to monitor and maintain the condition of building, housekeeping, health and safety performance of staff and the businesses, print rooms, kitchens and meeting rooms.
- Ordering and stock control –ensuring sufficient stationery and catering supplies are maintained at all times, including asset management and stock control for but not limited to maintenance, building fabric and furniture.
- Assist the Office Manager to oversee first aiders and fire marshals ensure their training is current and lists are up to date.
- For new employees – Assist HR and Office Manager with H&S office induction with setting up the new work station including basic stationery and equipment, Tour of the building and explain health & safety procedures.
- Stock first aid kits, post required signage, conduct required reporting and recording of incidents to the Office Manager.
- Maintaining invoice records for couriers, mail, stationery, utilities, service charges and rents. And ensure timely payments to the contractors/ vendors.
- Manages filing systems and allocation of filing space including filing room and assigns offices, desks, and lockers to employees.
- Cleaning – to monitor and support the day-to-day cleaning with the cleaning company, supporting the delivery of requests and reports of reactive incidents, waste/recycling management, reporting issues, ensuring quality assurance to the Office Manager.
- Liaise with Landlords and building management/security on any issues concerning our rented premises, informing employees as and if required.
- Updating and recording any facilities issues on the facilities log sheet on the shared Facilities Management folder on a regular basis.
- Carrying out any other duties as instructed by the Office Manager.
- Assist with office events onsite/off site (office & festival celebrations)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.