Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Location: Birmingham or Brussels
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to governments and commercial clients in the United Kingdom, Europe and globally.
We are looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Events Manager to join our team working on the implementation of large and complex European contracts. The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge of physical, hybrid and online event management as well as high-level project management skills; can both oversee and undertake the full coordination and delivery of complex event projects; is commercial-minded and solution-oriented; contributes to the preparation of offers for EC tenders related to events.
As the Manager of a team of events and project support professionals (either on a permanent or ad-hoc basis), you will manage client requirements, work and resources and use your project and people management skills.
This is a varied role, covering the organisation of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid models of events, as well as supporting Project Managers with contractual, financial, and organisational aspects of project delivery.
- Lead and guide the events team in the implementation and innovation of in-person, virtual and hybrid events, including monitoring, supporting and quality assuring their work
- Manages a portfolio of assignments (a programme of events or outputs/activities/work strands within a programme)
- Develop event concepts and formats, provide sustainable, innovative and inclusive event services
- Manage client relations and communication (mainly within the EU Institutions)
- Manage partnerships and collaboration with external experts, partners and stakeholders
- Provide strong and efficient project management skills
- Budget management, monitoring and optimisation
- Coordination with internal teams involved in event delivery
- Coordination with service providers and suppliers
- Quality controlling the time, resource and change management of projects
- Contribute to business development in events delivery, provide ideas and suggestions for enhanced, connected experiences to audience and stakeholders
- At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience related to event organisation and management in a public policy environment, preferably for the EU Institutions
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in project management, business management or a related discipline
- Previous experience of managing, supervising or mentoring others, ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries and time zones
- Excellent communication and client-oriented skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong project and time management skills, ability to manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards
- Proven organisation and delivery of complex online and physical event projects (conferences, meetings, webinars, seminars) with networking activities
- Good knowledge of online conferencing and engagement tools and platforms
- Ability to manage project implementation teams
- Excellent oral and written English, fluency in another European language an advantage
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.