Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Have a passion for managing events? We’re currently hiring an Event Specialist to support a cybersecurity focused organization on the planning, development, and implementation of virtual and in-person meetings and conferences. In this role, you will coordinate major events, conferences, and meetings related to cybersecurity.
This position will be on-site in Arlington, VA and will require and active clearance .
- Develop work plans and track milestones and timelines for multiple meetings and conferences simultaneously.
- Coordinate logistics for webinars, including setting up the webinar platform, and arranging transcription and a summary of the meeting as assigned.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting planning: ordering supplies, printing/packing/shipping of materials, registration, and marketing outreach.
- Work with graphic designer on creating and editing conference programs, signage, and other promotional or event materials.
- Provide support for virtual conference including coordination of pre-conference needs, all day of needs, and follow up needs for reporting and lessons learned.
- On site and virtual event management: conference logistics (including audiovisual rental, signage, poster board rental, and material preparation), speaker reimbursements, onsite staffing and post-event reporting.
- Provide input and recommendations for marketing plans and outreach activities, as created by the utility marketing team.
- Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Develop and maintain conference exhibit booth inventory and track and update dissemination of conference materials.
- Work closely with communications, customer engagement and cybersecurity team to coordinate and manage marketing and dissemination efforts through conference exhibit booths and websites.
- Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Marketing, or related field.
- 4 plus years of relevant experience in events or project management.
- A strong communications leader able to manage day-to-day tasks independently.
- Experience working in or supporting a federal government agency (DHS desired).
- A strong understanding of client/contractor relationship in a government agency.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)