Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Evaluators and Economists - Come join us!
Evaluators and Economists
ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
We provide Whitehall departments, economic regulators and non-departmental public bodies with expert support in the design and delivery of process and impact evaluations, helping decision-makers to understand what works, with what impact and why. Our clients include DWP, BEIS, Defra, DH, DFID, DCMS, MCHLG and the NHS.
ICF is growing, and we are looking for Evaluators and Economists, at all levels, to join our community of professionals and help us to win and deliver, high-quality evaluations of UK Government policies and programmes.
We have a range of positions across multiple locations; London, Birmingham, Plymouth, Leeds and Brussels (Belgium). This is a great opportunity if you have a strong interest in evaluation and expertise in qualitative or quantitative research methodologies.
The roles will involve:
Design and delivery of process and impact evaluations.
Managing evaluation teams.
Providing quality assurance inputs to projects and deliverables.
Communicating results and advice to clients and project stakeholders.
Communicating to external audiences, e.g. through conferences and online communications.
Contributing to our internal community of practice on evaluation.
The ideal candidates will:
Experience of the design and delivery of evaluating public policies and programme for UK Government departments.
Have strong methodological credentials, whether for a research institution, consultancy or not-for-profit organisation.
Be familiar with the Magenta Book and Green Book, and Government research and publication protocols.
Have strong analytical and research skills.
Be equipped to provide support and technical leadership to colleagues on evaluation methods, to build organisational capacity.
Be connected to research and practitioner communities working on innovation in evaluation.
Have experience of working in a project-based environment.
Have good team-working skills.
Have a proven ability to communicate clearly in written English.
We have teams working on a diverse range of policy topics, from digital markets, trade and environment to public health, skills, food policy and homelessness.
If you have a passion for a specific area of policy area, then please register your interest and we will be in touch to discuss the next steps ASAP.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)