Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Ethical Recruitment and Migration Specialist (Consultant)
ICF is looking for a part time consultant to provide technical assistance to a qualitative study that will evaluate the effectiveness of a recruitment agency capacity building program in Uganda. The focus of the study will be to explore the costs and benefits of ethical recruitment to overseas recruitment agencies.
- Provide technical assistance including methodology design, data collection strategies, and research tool development for an evaluation of an ethical recruitment capacity building program in Uganda.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with the client, data collection agency and stakeholders in-country.
- Work closely with ICF research team in design and implementation of the study.
- Provide substantive input in drafting and finalizing a study report
- Degree in business, international relations, international studies, international law, human rights, public policy, or social sciences
- Ability to use market-based approach to assess the business case for ethical recruitment
- Understanding of global migration, forced labor and human trafficking issues
- Implementation and/or research and evaluation experience in migration, business, and human rights issues. Experience could include consulting to companies on forced labor, migration, ethical recruitment, human rights, working with civil society organizations on business and human rights, implementing or evaluating human rights programs in the field.
- Proficient in Word, Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to attend to details
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and produce accurate results, sometimes on a quick turnaround basis
- Well-developed leadership and people skills
- At least 5 year of experience coordinating qualitative research activities in developing countries such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, and mixed method studies
- Experience working in Africa
Contact: Please send CV to Suteera Nagavajara, Research Director, ICF, International Health and Development Team, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)