Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Equipment Procurement Specialist
ICF’s International Health Division is seeking an Equipment Procurement Specialist – Project Management Support Analyst responsible for planning and coordinating the purchasing and shipping of computer equipment to countries implementing a Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS). The procurement of equipment involves working with Survey Managers, Data Processing Specialists and Biomarker Specialists, determining the equipment needed, purchasing the equipment, and working with host-country implementing agencies to ship the equipment within budget and time constraints. Project Management support mainly involves backstopping activities performed by our data processing team, but also working with other members of the DHS Program and outside consultants to meet the needs of the project. Our division supports International Health and Development (IHD) projects, including population-based surveys, and monitoring and evaluation.
This position is currently remote, but will eventually be based in Rockville, MD, when it is safe for offices to reopen due to COVID-19.
This involves the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with survey managers, data processing specialists and biomarker specialists to address their equipment needs for all surveys. Surveys use mobile data collection with Windows or Android tablets.
- Update and maintain equipment spreadsheets for equipment and pricing, including new Android and Windows 10 Pro devices.
- Coordinate with 3rd parties to ship and perform pre-ship services: charging tablets, applying Windows updates, applying screen protectors, enabling BitLocker encryption and checking tablets are in good condition before shipping.
- Track shipment of equipment until received by local partners, including paying close attention to regulations for shipping internationally which can change frequently. Coordinate with the survey manager, the in-country contacts responsible for clearing the shipment and the shipper.
- Coordinate with and backstop biomarker procurement specialist
- Submit invoices for payment for each survey as it pertains to procured equipment.
- Provide documentation to survey managers regarding disposition of equipment. Provide documentation detailing what was purchased, pricing, survey manager, POs and other supporting documentation.
- Coordinate with Senior Finance and Contracts Officer to manage IT approval requests and quarterly IT reporting to USAID.
- Support Data Processing Group, including testing data entry programs and carrying out consistency checking for survey datasets.
- Support the entire DHS team as needed, including support to the DHS User Forum, maintain spreadsheets/databases with information to be displayed on the http://www.dhsprogram.com website.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of procurement experience and contract administration experience.
- Microsoft Office experience and strong general IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows setup.
- Strong organizational ability in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability and interest to keep up with latest developments in mobile data collection technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Teams platforms
- Experience with project management practices.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)