Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF seeks candidates for a full time Epidemiologist to support the CDC on complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities related to emerging public health threats. The epidemiologist will propose and initiate epidemiologic and program evaluation studies, including design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination. Additionally, the epidemiologist will have the responsibility for providing technical consultation and assistance to CDC concerning various epidemiologic projects and syndromic surveillance.
- Provide statistical, methodological, and epidemiological support for CDC in syndromic surveillance, epidemiology, policy, preparedness and emergency response.
- Develop analysis plans for epidemiologic studies and conduct data analysis using national or site-specific data sets.
- Perform statistical analysis (i.e., descriptive, predictive, regression modeling). The analysis will be used to develop scientific technical reports or manuscripts.
- Contribute to and edit publications and technical reports that include comprehensive literature reviews, methodology and analysis plans. These reports may focus on policy, surveillance, economics, research, and other subjects that are tied to key public health issues as determined by CDC.
- Rapidly respond within 48- to 72-hours, as specified, to CDC requests for data analyses.
- Conduct research, comprehensive literature reviews and data analysis to determine the best practices for maintaining, updating, enhancing, or implementing syndromic methodologies.
- A master’s degree in Public Health or closely related field and 3-5 years minimum experience performing epidemiologic work in disease surveillance.
- Experience in using analytical results to inform evidence-based programmatic and policy recommendations, preparing and submitting manuscripts to peer-reviewed scientific journals, and presenting related findings.
- Knowledge of research design, demonstration, and evaluation concepts and methodologies statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis; standard and appropriate research sources and texts; and of measurement, testing and evaluation procedures.
- Possesses advanced analytical skills and demonstrates proficiency in collection, organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of research findings; ability to extract and merge large volumes of data from disparate sources for analysis.
- Experience with predictive modeling, with emphasis on machine learning and natural language processing
- Detail oriented, works well within a diverse team, demonstrates a high degree of initiative and flexibility, communicates effectively in a positive and professional manner, prioritizes activities when under tight deadlines.
- Strong technical skills including report development and data management, and in analytical software such as R, Python or SAS. Proactive, problem-solving approach to challenges.
- Ability to analyze issues, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations; to prepare and present comprehensive statistical and narrative reports; and to conduct effective presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience reviewing and editing documents.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)