Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Policy, Plans, and Data Manager (PPDM)
ICF is seeking an Environmental Policy, Plans, and Data Manager (PPDM) to oversee environmental plans development and implementation and serve as the policy and regulations Subject Matter Expert (SME) and data guardian.
This position is at Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
- Monitor environmental regulations and policies. Adapt environmental offices plans to ensure plans cover all elements to keep program in compliance with regulations and policies.
- Instruct others on changes in administrative policies and procedures. Identify and implement processes which can be improved or made more efficient environmental practices and processes.
- Perform as the Environmental policy and regulations SME for the client.
- Provide data analysis and recommend improvements for the environmental office program based on observations, inspections, and evaluation reports.
- Monitor trends of programs and advise the client of their current evaluation ratings.
- Assist with managing the Environmental Offices inspection process for client locations in the AOR to ensure compliance with environmental policies, regulations, and directives as applicable. Train, orient, direct, and oversee the inspection and data collection activities for the environmental program and monitor the timeliness, accuracy, and transmittal of inspection findings, incident reports, and data collection efforts.
- Analyze and interpret WIS/EA reports, drawings and results. Analyze and Interpret inspection results to identify trends which require emphasis on additional training or revision of environmental Program plan or operations.
- Develop and initiate corrective action plans.
- Provide AOR environmental offices with operating procedures, guidance, and policy on efficient environmental office operations and management.
- Contact activities to ensure appropriate coordination before inspection team arrives.
- Advise and assist with NPDES policy queries.
- Interpret input/changes to processes associated with the environmental programs and participate in formulating, coordinating, publicizing, and presenting various environmental program plans and reports.
- Distribute environmental plans to base.
- Maintain applicable security clearance(s) at the level required by the client and/or applicable certification(s) as requested.
- Other support duties as needed/directed.
- 5+ years of experience with writing environmental plans.
- Bachelor’s in environmental engineering, Environmental Sciences, Interdisciplinary Degrees, Civil Engineering, or Biology.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Skilled in formal and informal briefings, negotiations, and collaborating with senior staff members.
- Experience in /coordinating actions for programs with multiple locations.
- Experience generating, retaining, and disposing of training records.
- Familiarity with types of environmental testing and when testing required.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with the Clean Air Act.
- Knowledge of Clean Water Act (CWA), spill prevention control and countermeasure.
- Familiar with disposal methods.
- Familiar with types of facilities and industrial/nonindustrial locations where toxics are typically found.
- Familiar with threatened/endangered species.
- Understand the difference between short-term recovery and long-term remediation/clean-up.
- Understand when to implement the Environmental impact analysis process (EIAP).
- Ability to coordinate with external government agencies.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to forecast and schedule training.
- Ability to understand and apply regulations.
- Familiarity with conducted inspections & developing and initiating corrective action plans.
- Have, or able to obtain a driver’s license and able to legally drive in the country assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Possess and maintain a current passport.
- Ability to live and work in a contingency environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to develop solutions to address noncompliance.
- DoD SECRET security clearance required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
S Carolina Client Office (SC88)