Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are hiring an Environmental Modeler to join our team in Summer 2021. Due to COVID 19, this position will be remote until our offices fully reopen (anticipated for late 2021/early 2022). The position will then be located in either Fairfax, VA or Durham, NC with the potential for continued flexibility for part-time remote work.
As an Environmental Modeler, you will:
- Serve as a technical lead on projects requiring exposure and pharmacokinetic modeling.
- Work on a diverse team that specializes in modeling the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment. For example, we support our Federal clients in:
- Developing human health risk assessments that may include dose-response and/or pharmacokinetic modeling.
- Developing and implementing fate and transport and exposure models.
- Creating custom exposure and risk models to simulate the effects of pollutants, such as lead.
- Scope, create, test, and document scientific code and user interfaces for exposure and pharmacokinetic models.
- Conduct data and statistical analysis involving Excel, Access, R, SAS, Python, SQL, VBA, and/or other software.
- Mentor junior coders in appropriate methods for developing and implementing environmental models.
As an Environmental Modeler, you will have:
- Experience with mathematics, probability, and statistics, with particular emphasis on differential equations and their numerical solutions.
- Expertise with R. Experience with Python, Fortran, VBA, and object-oriented programming is a plus.
- Experience running or, ideally, coding exposure and/or pharmacokinetic models. Familiarity with algorithms commonly used in exposure models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience with developing user guides and technical support documents.
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in groups, individually, and virtually under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one to two years of experience using or coding environmental models.
Please note: This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)