Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Exposure Scientist
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, our group tackles unprecedented challenges to help federal agencies benefit our environment and health. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are hiring an Environmental Exposure Scientist to join our team in Fall 2021. Due to COVID 19, this position will be remote until our offices fully reopen (anticipated for late 2021/early 2022). The position will then be located in either Fairfax, VA or Durham, NC with the potential for continued flexibility with a hybrid schedule (dividing time between an ICF office and remote work).
As an Environmental Exposure Scientist, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of exposure assessment, including exposure model selection, exposure model inputs, exposure model implementation and evaluations, qualitative analysis, and overall synthesis
- Synthesize findings into written reports and scientific articles.
- Provide task management for tasks involving quantitative analyses, qualitative evaluations, and systematic literature reviews. Manage the day-to-day work associated with projects, including staffing, scheduling, communicating, and providing technical guidance and quality assurance.
- Contribute to proposal and business development efforts, including but not limited to technical writing and budgeting.
As an Environmental Science Project Manager, you will have:
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative environmental exposure analysis; experience with systematic review is preferred
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute technical approaches to solving scientific questions
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; experience with project management or project leadership is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with government programs (preferably U.S. EPA or NIEHS)
- PhD in environmental science, environmental engineering, physics, or related field, or equivalent education plus work experience.
- Minimum of one to two years of chemical exposure analysis experience. Consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Please note: This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)