Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Compliance Officer - Puerto Rico
ICF is looking to identify an Environmental Compliance Officer. As an Environmental Compliance Officer, you will act as the main point of contact between the PRDOH and the Applicants on environmental review requirements. In this role you will:
- Establish guidelines for the applicability of the local and federal environmental requirements needed for each project.
- Validate the environmental impacts of the energy-related projects based on the data provided by applicants and local and federal agency evaluations.
- Oversee the federal and state environmental process in compliance with Puerto Rico Environmental Public Policy Act (Act 416) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for each project.
- Organize and manage the Program Managers environmental staff activities
- Coordinate environmental related activities with designated PRDOH representatives and regulatory agencies such as the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) and the Puerto Rico Department of Health (PRDOH).
- Coordinate the preparation of Environmental Review Records (ERR) for activities to be performed under the Programs.
- Coordinate and guide the team on identification of environmental mitigation measures for the activities to be performed under the Programs.
- Prepare reports and keep all parties informed on the status of environmental review activities for each selected project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Natural Sciences plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in environmental activities for complex projects or Master degree in Environmental Engineering or Natural Sciences plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in environmental activities or regulatory compliance for complex projects.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in federal and local environmental laws and regulations, as demonstrated through work performed in a previous role.
- Must be working locally from Puerto Rico.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Client Office (PR88)