Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Chemist - Data Validator (Part-Time role)
What You Will Do
- Validate In-organic data packages from CLP and non-CLP laboratories for method compliance and data usability following the companies Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- As the need arises, work in the Central Regional Laboratory analyzing samples for organic and in-organic constituents in environmental samples
- Review SOPs and analytical methods for correctness and applicability.
- Potential exists for field analytical support requiring overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (preferred), Biology, Physics, Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or related science.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on analytical experience using any of the following fields of testing: ICP, ICP-MS, Ion Chromatography or other wet chemistry methods.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat) and familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMSs).
- Knowledge of the 2020 National Functional Guidelines and the validation of environmental data
- Strong Quality Control and Quality Assurance skills.
- The ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals to meet our customers needs and surpass their goals.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Possession of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and current 8-hour refresher is desirable.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Illinois Client Office (IL88)