Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is looking for an Environmental Laboratory Chemists (ALL LEVELS of experience) to join our team providing laboratory, field, and quality assurance (QA) support of environmental projects. The Environmental Chemist will apply his or her knowledge and work experience to support primarily organic chemistry analyses. All team activities must comply with EPA methods for various media (air, water, soil, biota) and environmental programs as well as the NELAC standard (2009 and 2016). Job duties include operation of HPLC, LCMSMS, GC-ECD, GC-FID, and GCMS (quadrupole and time-of-flight) to determine semivolatile organic compounds, pesticides, Aroclors, and fuel hydrocarbon as well as new and emerging contaminants. Additional duties may include data validation of third-party environmental data following the EPA National Functional Guidelines (NFGs) or other procedures. The Environmental Chemist will interact with, and communicate detailed technical information to, ICF environmental chemists, external experts, and clients. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as member of a team.
Basic Qualifications (depending on specific position)
- Bachelor’s chemistry (preferred), biology, physics, geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, environmental engineering, or related science.
- Minimum 2 PLUS years laboratory experience in environmental, analytical instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, using EPA methodologies.
- Familiarity with EPA analytical chemistry methods.
- Experience in a laboratory accredited for environmental analyses (e.g. TNI or NELAC, state programs).
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat) and familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMSs).
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically
- authorized to work in the US
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property.
- **LOCATION: This position will start CORVALLIS, OREGON Lab facility anticipated in August to September 2021.
- Hands on experience with ICP-OES, ICP-MS, GC-MS, LCMS, and associated EPA methods.
- Experience working at Federal facilities.
- Experience related to contaminated site characterization, remediation, and optimization at contaminated sites including Superfund, Brownfields, and RCRA Corrective Action sites.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Portland, OR (OR08)