Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Interested in making a difference to the planet? Want to work with a team of Environmental Chemists who care about the protection of human health and the environment? Are you seeking broad exposure to environmental remediation and Superfund related cleanup processes with interaction with EPA on a regional level?
ICF is looking for Environmental Chemists to join our team to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT), in Region 5 - Chicago, IL EPA lab location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (preferred), Biology, Physics, Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or related science.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat) and familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMSs).
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Possession of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and current 8-hour refresher is desirable.
- Experience in a laboratory accredited for environmental analyses (e.g. TNI or NELAC, state programs).
- Experience using EPA methodologies for titrimetric, gravimetric and similar techniques.
- Solvent extraction experience using EPA methodologies and CLLE, SPE, and other techniques.
- Experience working at Federal facilities.
- Experience related to contaminated site characterization, remediation, and optimization at contaminated sites including Superfund, Brownfields, and RCRA Corrective Action sites.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Illinois Client Office (IL88)