Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF Next, Inc. (“ICF NEXT”) is a global marketing company. We provide marketing and communications capabilities to our customers. Over the years, our company has built and integrated a set of best-in-class marketing and communications through different agencies and consultancies. ICF NEXT brings organizations closer to the people they serve. Our focus in on the insights, creativity and technology that improve the interaction with clients and motivates meaningful action.
With a passion for marketing and communication, ICF NEXT knows when and how to accelerate the adoption of technologies and techniques that bring you closer to your customer. As voice search, artificial intelligence, and virtual and augmented reality are disrupting nearly every industry, we help organizations to stay one step ahead by orchestrating the conversations and collaborations that produce innovation. With over 1,700 staff members and more than 15 global offices, we are a global strategic partner for engagement and transformation. For more information about our company, visit www.icf.com/next.
Job Location - Bangalore - Remote Employee option Available
The Monitoring Engineer has responsibility for the creation and refinement of Monitoring Service policies, processes and procedures for application, system software and infrastructure monitoring of ICF Platform Solutions supported environments.
The Monitoring Engineer is a leading member of the Lifecycle Management Team, responsible for:
- QA and operational excellence of new product releases, focusing on monitoring
- Overseeing best practice in the implementation of rigorous monitoring procedures covering the full product lifecycle
- Producing new and upkeep existing automated functional and non-functional monitoring
- Working closely with and providing consultancy, outreach and training to the Platform Solutions Engineering and Operations teams around:
- Use of various monitoring tools
- Developing effective monitoring to ensure that only fully monitored releases are deployed to live.
- The Monitoring Engineer will achieve this through collaboration with the other members of the Platform Solutions Team.
- Create, refine, implement, document and maintain fit for purpose Monitoring policies and processes, based on ITIL principles, for successful monitoring of software and infrastructure through a full lifecycle delivery chain
- Work with the Plan, Build, Run, and Infrastructure teams to understand improvement, new features, and enhancements for monitoring environments
- Champion Monitoring processes and tools. Ensure that Monitoring principles, processes and tools are established and adhered to.
- Work with Architecture team to ensure alert thresholds are fit for purpose and do not generate false positives or spam alerts / events
- Analyze technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, and external and internal interfaces, to provide monitoring recommendations for system and infrastructure and time estimates
- Provide outreach activities to Operations teams to diagnose and facilitate resolution of monitoring bugs/issues
- Build good relationships with stakeholders and day to day management
- Be the main point of contact for all monitoring communication ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of any monitoring developments, releases and issues to ensure expectations are managed.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to analyze and understand complex technical systems built from many separate software and hardware components, specifically web application architectures
- An extremely good technical understanding of working within a connected and distributed environment model of multiple applications
- Strong knowledge of application, and system software monitoring principles and practice. Some knowledge of infrastructure monitoring principles and practice.
- Evidence of improving monitoring or other processes across a medium to large organization.
- A track record of on-time and to-specification delivery with the ability to engineer end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- The ability to communicate and influence different teams over monitoring priorities and managing competing interests across stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively with clients and internal partners who manage the application, system software, and production.
- Excellent documentation skills with experience of creating support documentation for the Operations Team
- An understanding of the management of different software version control repositories
- Strong experience in using application, system software and infrastructure internal and external open source and commercial monitoring tools (Sensu, Nagios, WhatsUp, SCCM, and others) together with setting of KPIs and a good understanding of how the monitoring tools are used by operations.
Your experience & Tangible traits…
- University degree in Computer Science & or Information Technology related field; or related/equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the Information Technology sector
- Experience being part of a technical application support team diagnosing technical problems
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience with at least one mainstream monitoring tool
- Minimum 4 years of demonstratable experience with engineering monitoring systems and checks
- Demonstratable experience in coding and or scripting with at least 3 modern scripting languages
- 5 years supporting modern server operating systems (Linux/Windows), certifications required
- 3 years of hands on experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and or Azure preferred
- Experience with at least 2 configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- AWS Certifications (SysOps, Solutions Architect, or Developer) or Microsoft Certifications (70-532, -533, -534) preferred
- Demonstratable experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment methodology and their tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo
- Excellent verbal & written skills in English
- Ability and willingness to learn new software tools and applications
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organizational workload.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Bangalore, India (II76)