Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for an Enterprise Architect to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business. We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are interested in individuals with a consulting mindset who can demonstrate expertise in Enterprise Architecture and assessment methodologies combined with strong project management skills, business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
The position entails managing and contributing to projects by providing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) and Technology Assessment services supporting a transforming Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at the CDC. You will be collaborating or leading multiple projects simultaneously, interacting with all levels of CDC OCIO stakeholders, ICF staff, and ICF partner organizations.
This role is a high visibility technology leadership position as part of our Data Center Modernization consulting team requiring an extensive background and operational experience with architectural engagements, major products and frameworks, industry and government standards, implementations with leading COTS products, software defined networking and storage, micro-segmentation, to be applied in product and service delivery in a government environment. Position typically includes architectural artifact and transitional roadmap development, system design, along with team mentoring in a dynamic client and business partner facing atmosphere.
About the role:
- Engages the client organization, manages key stakeholders, and fosters key relationships to develop a deep and thorough understanding of the enterprise
- Produces a vision and strategy, and produces a roadmap to lead modernization efforts by applying a proven track record of technology assessments, developing target technology and IT landscape specifications, and defining technical asset configurations
- Collaborates in formal technology evaluations, technology proofs of concept, client demonstrations and various solutioning and educational presentations to assert vetting and client buy-in
- Coordinates and collaborates developing technical requirements with executive leadership, business stakeholders, various technical teams, contractors, etc.
- Serves as the technical strategy champion, resolving and mitigating program issues, and prescribing adoption of proposed solutions for leadership, staff, and contractors
- Review and validate required documentation, briefings, SLAs and technical standards for the architectural roadmap
- Provides leadership and coordinates with other architects, technical leadership and program teams
- Conduct comparative research and evaluation projects under supervision of a project director
- Support project team on methodological aspects ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities
- Interact day to day client relationships, project team, and escalate issues to project director
- Provide consultation regarding OCIO data center application migration action plans, efficacy, timelines, etc.
- Conduct analysis and assessment of the current internal and external data center, and cloud environments
- Support strategy execution, where the high-level plan is translated into operation plans and action items
- Evaluate the ongoing refinement of performance, communications, data reporting, and other strategic management issues
- Review and contribute to enterprise reports and presentations
- Attend virtual client meetings and on-site in Atlanta as needed
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or 15 years of exp in lieu
- 10+ years of technology leadership roles and participation in major COTS/cloud/custom integration projects
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise-scope architectural engagements, technical leadership at the program level, along with a successful track record of delivery
- Experience with prominent cloud, service-oriented, platform-based application technologies with design and system development accomplishments
- Experience with delivering architecture using industry methodologies such as TOGAF, FEAF, etc.
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals
- Strong knowledge base in one or more cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) advance concepts such as Serverless, Infrastructure as Code, containers, CI/CD pipelines, Git repositories (such as Gitlab).
- Experience with tools such as Appian (Low code/no code), Drupal (portal), Databricks (ETL, etc), PowerBi, and Dynamics
- Professional certifications in cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow solutions (service portal UIs and scripted REST APIs, etc.)
- Experience using and integrating PaaS and SaaS technologies such as ServiceNow, Mulesoft, Tableau, Oracle Identity Management, Salesforce
- Working knowledge of one or more enterprise architecture modeling tools such as (Sparx EA, Mega, Visual Paradigm, etc.)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communications in English, thought leadership, formal presentation, including editing and proofreading skills
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)