Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentlessly making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of management consultants, mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we expand our services and support this growth, we are looking for Management Consultants to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology (PHIT) business providing technical assistance services to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our services support the CDC Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and broader CDC Centers, Institutes, and Offices (C/I/Os) in meeting the objectives of the agency's Data Modernization Initiative (DMI).
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a genuine interest in Enterprise Architecture. In this role, you will serve as a member of our Management Consulting team responsible for performing application rationalization, adherence to enterprise services-oriented architecture, and performing cloud readiness assessment for an 800+ application portfolio.
The scope of this effort includes collaborating with the client business stakeholders, development teams, contractors, and others to define the assessment process, planning and conducting portfolio rationalization, and cloud readiness assessments. You will collaborate with the team to determine application disposition and suitability, assist with cloud migration planning, and develop the cloud advisory reports.
About the role:
- Attend client and team virtual meetings and, if required, on-site in-person meetings.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and CDC OCIO and C/I/O stakeholders.
- Engages the client organization, interacts with key stakeholders, and fosters critical relationships to develop a deep and thorough understanding of the enterprise portfolio.
- Reviews existing initiatives and design solutions for large and medium-scale software development projects. This includes selecting and reviewing technology frameworks/architecture that leverage enterprise foundational services.
- Possesses a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Assist in producing a vision, strategy, and roadmap to lead modernization efforts by applying a proven track record of technology assessments, developing target technology and IT landscape specifications, and defining technical asset configurations.
- Assists in developing the technical strategy champion, resolving and mitigating program issues, and prescribing adoption of proposed solutions for leadership, staff, and contractors.
- Authors or assist others in developing required documentation, briefings, SLAs, and technical standards for the architectural runway.
- Provides thought leadership and guidance and assists coordination with architects, engineers, technical leadership, and program teams.
- Engage and grow the team through new and complex solutions.
- Support the project team on methodological aspects, ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and escalating issues to the project director.
- Support strategy roadmap development, where the high-level plan is translated into operation plans and action items.
- Author or contribute to technical or white papers, enterprise reports, and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive technology leadership roles and participation in significant COTS/cloud/custom integration projects.
- 3+ years of experience in data center infrastructure and cloud IaaS environments.
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise-scope architectural engagements, technical participation at the program level, and a successful track record of delivery.
- Experience with major cloud, service-oriented, platform-based application technologies with design and system development accomplishments.
- Experience delivering architecture using industry methodologies such as TOGAF, FEAF, etc. Experience with Service Oriented Architectures and microservices.
- Experience with container strategies.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevSecOps.
- Experience with database design for both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with cloud-agnostic application modernizations.
- Desired Certifications: PMP, TOGAF.
- Professional certifications in one or more cloud providers: Azure (preferred), AWS, and GCP.
- Strong knowledge of one or more cloud service providers (Azure (preferred), AWS, GCP) advanced concepts such as Serverless, Infrastructure as Code, containers, CI/CD pipelines, and Git repositories (such as Gitlab).
- Experience with tools such as Appian (Low code/no code), Drupal (portal), Databricks (ETL, etc.), PowerBi, Tableau, and Dynamics.
- Experience using and integrating PaaS and SaaS technologies.
- Working knowledge of one or more enterprise architecture modeling tools (Sparx EA, Mega, Visual Paradigm, etc.).
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable).
- Experience with Big Data, Analytics, and Data Governance.
- Experience with IAM, Zero Trust, and end-to-end data security.
- Experience with workflow automation and orchestration.
- Experience with Data Catalog implementations.
- Experience with Data Mesh and Service Mesh implementations.
- Experience with High-Performance Computing.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, including editing and proofreading skills, thought leadership, and formal presentation skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, and self-motivation coupled with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)