Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Storage Engineer/Sr. Energy Storage Engineer (Remote USA Based)
Engineer Storage Engineer/Senior EngineerStorage Engineer
Location: Remote USA Based
Consultants will work from our Fairfax, Virginia; Portland, Oregon; Cambridge, Massachusetts; or Atlanta, Georgia office locations, or potentially from home, and travel occasionally depending on engagements and needs.
ICF's Energy Advisory business is growing, and we seek experienced consultants to join our team in our Independent Engineering/Owner’s Engineering line of business. Our work is focused on energy sector projects and encompasses all phases from concept development through the end of the project lifecycle. This includes technical advisory and due diligence for projects during development and financing, construction monitoring, performance testing, periodic O&M and operating budget reviews, decommissioning, expert witness, and restructuring activities.
Personnel within the Technical Advisory practice have experience in numerous technologies including PV solar, wind, concentrating solar power, biomass, waste-to-energy, biofuels, emerging process technologies, combined cycle and simple cycle plants, thermal technologies, distributed generation, energy storage, demand response, and other energy related technologies.
Our Technical Advisory team works collaboratively with our Power and Gas Market team, Environment and Planning team, and the greater ICF to provide comprehensive advisory services include strategic, investment, and portfolio management, operational planning; market development; policy analysis; regulatory support; and customer engagement.
Consultants at ICF integrate industry experience and advanced consulting and analytical skills. As an IE/OE Consultant, you will utilize your deep energy storage experience along with our IE/OE advisory services group and in broader power markets, proven track record of technical consulting or utility industry results, and skills engaging with client decision-makers at manager to senior executive levels.
Positions require at least 3 years (5-7 for senior) of battery energy storage engineering experience as well as in one or more of the following areas:
• Renewable Generation including Wind, Solar, and Energy Storage including battery storage
• Project Financing Due Diligence for Electric Utilities and/or Independent Power Producers (IPP)
• Evaluation of Operating Generation Assets, including financial performance, O&M, and asset management
• Preparation and or evaluation of pro forma financial models, specifically the technical inputs therein
• Electric Utility and/or IPP Regulatory Filings, including Rate Matters
• Hydroelectric Generating Technologies• Engineering, Procurement and Construction of Power Generation Facilities
You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, potentially working with all levels of staff. You will have an opportunity to apply your experience and knowledge, lead and provide technical input to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills.
• Review technical aspects of related to energy storage, specifically battery storage - with a willingness to support the team on other technologies, as necessary
• Contribute to internal training efforts about energy storage technologies and applications – existing and emerging
• Support development of internal tools and databases related to technology, performance, and cost of energy storage technologies
• Write and review due diligence reports for energy storage,
• Demonstrated ability to work within a close-knit team environment comprised of multiple technical abilities and knowledge levels.
• Experience modeling storage system performance
• Contributes to technical and cost proposal development.
• Support business development efforts including identifying, qualifying, and supporting the pursuit of both follow-on work and new business opportunities.• Support business development efforts including client discussions as a technical expert, and marketing and thought leadership to external audiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, sciences, or physics
• Demonstrated understanding of current energy storage issues including energy storage applications and use cases; energy storage component technology; integration of conventional or renewable generation with energy storage; and valuation of energy storage in various applications.
• Demonstrated experience delivering consulting solutions to utilities, IPP firms, electrical cooperatives, municipal power authorities and/or other stakeholders that utilize electrical generating technologies.• 3+ years of experience working on energy storage project diligence and finance related issues in a power industry role.
Senior Level Preferred Skills/Experience:
• Master's in business or finance or related field.
• Experience with project management and business development
• Experience in power system controls.
• Experience working effectively with technical and commercial business stakeholders, including strong facilitation skills.
• Consulting industry experience.• Independent engineering / finance due diligence experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)