Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Marketing and Communications Specialist (Fairfax, VA/Hybrid)
Want to design and develop strategic communications and marketing, and engage with industry leaders? You can at ICF. We solve the most challenging issues facing the energy industry today while informing the future of global energy use.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help federal government clients implement and evolve their energy efficiency, decarbonization, and sustainability programs. This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA office (hybrid). You will manage a wide range of communications activities including brand strategies, stakeholder engagement plans, website content, publications, newsletters and copy-editing, social media, collaborative platforms, videos, and other communications tools. Successful candidates will develop strategies and materials to engage key market actors to influence the market and increase participation in programs focused on energy efficiency and decarbonization.
What you will be doing...
· Developing strategies and deploying communications, outreach, and training resources -- including case studies, e-mails, social media posts, and web content.
· Ensure consistent articulation and use of program brand throughout all communications and materials.
· Conduct outreach to stakeholders to provide communications and marketing tools that effectively engage their customer base and educate about the benefits of government’s voluntary labeling programs.
· Providing partners with communications and marketing assistance related to program participation and milestones.
· Developing and maintaining website content and taking ownership of keeping content and digital platforms updated on an ongoing basis.
· Serving as direct point of contact for one or more clients/project leads.
· Serving as direct point of contact and liaison for program staff supporting various communications activities.
· Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
· Bachelors degree in communication, marketing or relevant degree.
· 2+ years relevant experience
· Experience with web content development, writing/editing, and executing communication and media strategies.
· Experience with e-mail, social media, and digital writing best practices
· Experience developing content using existing brand and style guides in alignment with client and industry standards.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
· Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications, including Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Excel).
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
· 3+ years relevant experience
· Experience managing communication campaigns and the development of communications strategies.
· Knowledge of B2B and B2C marketing and communications methods and best practices, including digital channels.
· Ability to evaluate creative against program/project goals and target audience preferences.
· Knowledge of the residential building industry and stakeholders or products industry.
· Experience in identifying new technologies and channels to strengthen communication, dissemination, and reach.
· Providing creative development for reports, articles, case studies, and other communications materials.
· Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)