Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Market Modeler
Energy Market Modeler
ICF is seeking a qualified onsite senior project manager to support Department of Energy (DOE) in the area of energy technologies and energy market analyses.
The location is undetermined at this time - we will do our best to accommodate your preferred location.
This is a great opportunity to expand your experience in the energy market space working with a leading energy consulting firm.
- Lead advanced quantitative and economic analyses of North American energy markets related to long-term strategic planning efforts for development and deployment of new technologies.
- Conduct National energy market modeling to support energy system development and energy investment planning.
- Perform regional and national level energy market analyses of impacts of new technology development, environmental and energy policy and regulation, and tax subsidies and penalties
- Evaluate and quantify the costs, benefits, and economic impacts of research programs
- Prepare reports, papers, and presentations to communicate analysis results to clients and other key stakeholders
- Support the development of new opportunities by leading interactions with potential clients and supporting proposal development.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with ICF and client senior management
- Master’s degree in energy economics, environmental economics, applied economics, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in energy markets, successfully supporting clients in energy market modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience of project management and the ability lead mid and junior level staff preforming energy market analysis and modeling tasks.
- Experience with commercial electricity market analysis tools (e.g., PLEXOS, PROMOD, PSLF, PSSE); experience with the Energy Information Administration’s (EIA’s) National Energy Modeling System (NEMS) is preferred.
- Experience working with Federal agencies or laboratories preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude, experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Strong communications skills
- Experience overseeing technical staff for task delivery
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pennsylvania Client Office (PA88)