Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Engineering Manager
Energy Engineering Manager
Energy Efficiency Programs Location: Remote California
Ready to make a difference?
ICF is growing its energy program implementation team to support new and existing contracts in the region. Our clients include energy utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 corporations, and a variety of Federal, State, and local governmental agencies.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Manage a group of Engineers that will be performing research work related to energy efficiency.
- Oversee program budgets/finances/invoicing.
- Oversee program monthly updates and reporting.
- Work with the technical lead and client to set research agenda and provide direction and oversight to research projects.
- Collaborate with Technology Developers, OEMs, and other research entities (e.g., national labs) to identify technology opportunities with a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 4 or 5 that will fill the research pipeline for project engineers.
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders to overcome market barriers to energy efficiency technologies and develop strategies to transfer those technologies into the marketplace at scale.
- Mentor and guide supporting staff in the delivery and reporting of research activities.
- Perform technical and market analysis to support projects.
- Leverage existing and/or form new relationships with subject matter experts involved with the manufacturing, sales, and installation of natural gas energy efficiency technologies.
- Identify market channels to facilitate increased adoption of new technologies that have a high potential to deliver energy savings for utility energy efficiency programs.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy project management and/or energy efficiency based applied research for customer facing applications.
- 3+ years managing teams of 4 or more people.
What we would like you to have:
- Advanced Degree Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline.
- Experience managing research projects and/or programs.
- Experience managing teams performing energy efficiency program work and/or applied research.
- Technical consulting experience.
- Experience writing, publishing, and presenting technical papers.
- Familiarity conducting applied research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with California energy regulatory policy, deemed and custom project requirements for CPUC-funded efficiency programs and building/equipment energy codes including Title 20 and Title 24.
- Knowledge and experience with agriculture, commercial, industrial, or residential natural gas energy efficiency equipment such as HVAC, water heating, cooling and/or process heating/controls.
- Advanced degree in engineering or physical sciences.
- Licensed engineer.
- Knowledge of Energy Plus, EnergyPro, eQuest and/or other whole building energy modeling tools.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies.
- Familiarity with industry testing standards such as ANSI 210/240.
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent management skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking to address changing markets and challenges.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for client and senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical staff.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$125,443.00 - $213,252.00
California Remote Office (CA99)