Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Programs Location: Remote California
Ready to make a difference?ICF is growing its energy program implementation team to support new and existing contracts in the region. Our clients include energy utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 corporations, and a variety of Federal, State, and local governmental agencies.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work with customers, vendors, account reps, and cooperatives to develop energy efficiency projects in utility-sponsored programs, which vary from agriculture, multifamily, commercial and industrial.
- Perform field audits to understand and document the customer’s current operations and motivations, while identifying opportunities to implement energy efficiency.
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to scope the potential opportunities, project budgets and project timelines.
- Perform technical calculations to quantify the baseline and measure case conditions and potential savings, cost, and other relevant parameters.
- Write detailed reports documenting existing conditions, proposed measures and as built operating conditions, project savings and other cost effectiveness parameters.
- Conduct site inspection to verify installation and operation of energy efficiency equipment.
- Perform cost effectiveness calculations of various energy efficiency measures using the CEDARS cost effectiveness tool.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Energy Resources, Physical Sciences or related discipline.
- 2+ years of energy efficiency or related experience
- 2+ years of experience in performing engineering calculations related to energy efficiency in California.
- 1+ year(s) experience in energy efficiency related to HVAC, lighting, pumping, process heating and process cooling.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
What we would like you to have:
- Demonstrated familiarity with California deemed and custom project requirements.
- Field experience working on multifamily/commercial/agricultural or industrial energy efficiency or related equipment
- Demonstrated familiarity with California energy regulatory policy including CPUC funded efficiency programs and building/equipment energy codes including Title 20 and Title 24.
- Familiarity with both electric and natural gas end use equipment as it applies to multifamily/commercial/agricultural/industrial.
- Familiarity with energy modeling tools such as EnergyPro and EnergyPlus.
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$75,990.00 - $129,183.00
California Remote Office (CA99)