Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Engineer Energy Efficiency Programs
Location: Remote California
Ready to make a difference?
ICF is growing its energy program implementation team to support new and existing contracts in the region. Our clients include energy utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 corporations, and a variety of Federal, State, and local governmental agencies.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Applied research of commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential end use energy technologies that have the potential to address California greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets.
- Working with a team of engineers, scientists, and analysts (both ICF internal staff and subcontractors) to research and evaluate clean natural gas technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 5 or higher.
- Creating applied research project plans and managing one or more discrete research project budgets, scope, and schedule to achieve all project goals, KPIs, and client and customer satisfaction.
- Performing technical and market analysis to support projects.
- Preparing final reports documenting the results of applied research activities and delivering public presentations at industry conferences, California Public Utility Commission and/or California Energy Commission workshops and other project-focused outreach events.
- Collaborating with Technology Developers and OEMs to identify technology opportunities.
- Leveraging existing and/or forming new relationships with subject matter experts involved with the manufacturing, sales, and installation of natural gas energy efficiency technologies.
- Identifying market channels to facilitate increased adoption of new technologies that have a high potential to deliver energy savings for utility energy efficiency programs.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in energy efficiency, and/or renewable energy project management.
- 5+ years of experienced in performing engineering calculations related to energy efficiency, water conservation and/or renewable energy or equivalent experience from an advanced degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline.
What we would like you to have:
- Technical consulting experience.
- Experience writing, publishing, and presenting technical papers.
- Familiarity conducting applied or market research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with California energy regulatory policy deemed and custom project requirements including CPUC funded efficiency programs and building/equipment energy codes including Title 20 and Title 24.
- Knowledge and experience with agriculture, commercial, industrial, or residential natural gas energy efficiency equipment such as HVAC, water heating, cooking and/or process heating/controls.
- Field experience working on commercial and/or industrial energy efficiency or related equipment, including commissioning, M&V, audits, surveys, etc.
- Advanced degree in engineering or physical sciences.
- Licensed engineer.
- CEM certification.
- Knowledge of Energy Plus, EnergyPro, eQuest and/or other whole building energy modeling tools.
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies.
- Familiarity with industry testing standards such as ANSI 210/240.
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for client and senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor technical staff.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$91,948.00 - $156,312.00
California Remote Office (CA99)