Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Engineer, Energy Efficiency Programs Remote based out of Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana or Pennsylvania
Ready to make a difference?Come join our team as an Energy Engineer supporting clean energy programs and under-served communities in Michigan. ICF is seeking a candidate with strong communication skills and technical field experience in the Metro Detroit area to support Michigan energy efficiency programs. This position requires experience with in-field inspections and engineering calculations related to energy efficiency. Other responsibilities include concerted outreach in scheduling and communicating with architects, engineers, builders, contractors, and customers.
Working closely with the client and our nation-wide implementation team, you’ll focus on bringing energy efficiency and bill savings to customers including under-served communities, providing safer, more energy efficient homes, and ensuring energy grid stability in the greater Detroit area.
Are you an experienced engineer with a track record of successful project execution? Do you possess strong communication skills, enjoy interacting with clients and community stakeholders, and have experience with or working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs? Do you enjoy working with a team of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team members, collaborating with national subject matter experts, and bringing it all together to deliver results for your clients? If so, then you have found the perfect job. Apply today!
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and other trade allies participating in the utility-sponsored programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prepare and review technical specifications and engineering calculations for multifamily residential energy efficiency measures and projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the energy efficiency industry including architects, engineers, builders, contractors, and customers.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating service providers and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Conduct program trainings as needed for prospective participants.
- Assess whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities within projects and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Architecture, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management)
- 2+ years of related experience with energy efficiency.
What we would like you to have:2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experienced in performing engineering calculations related to energy efficiency.
- Experience in single family, multifamily or C&I sectors
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) credentials
- Working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy modeling, energy efficiency technologies and products, and energy issues in both existing buildings and new construction
- Commercial and/or residential construction industry in Michigan or experience working with commercial and/or residential construction at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization
- Familiarity with both electric and natural gas end use equipment as it applies to residential and C&I
- Demonstrated familiarity with Michigan Energy Measure Database
- Knowledge of applicable Michigan construction building codes and practices.
- Knowledge of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standard 90.1
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building, building science principles
- Knowledge of commercial and/or residential energy-efficient applications and renewable technologies
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn ICF energy efficiency database/project tracking system (move to down)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$66,658.00 - $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)