Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Engineer - Energy Efficiency Programs Location: Remote California
Ready to make a difference?
Support sustainability while visiting farms and food processing facilities! ICF is growing its energy program implementation team to support new and existing contracts in the region. Our clients include energy utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 corporations, and a variety of Federal, State, and local governmental agencies. We are seeking an experienced Energy Engineer to be part of two multi-year agricultural energy efficiency programs in California.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work with customers, vendors, account reps, and cooperatives to develop energy efficiency projects focused on agriculture and food processing.
- Perform field audits to understand and document the customer’s current operations and motivations, while identifying opportunities to implement energy efficiency.
- Write and execute M&V plans to document baseline and measure case conditions that meet project budgets and timelines.
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to scope the potential opportunities, project budgets and project timelines.
- Perform technical calculations to quantify the baseline and measure case conditions and potential savings, cost, and other relevant parameters.
- Write detailed reports documenting existing conditions, proposed measures and as built operating conditions, project savings and other cost effectiveness parameters.
- Work with the customer and other stakeholders to forecast project activities and to ensure timely and on budget project completion.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- 3+ years of experience in developing custom energy efficiency projects in California.
- 5+ years of experienced in performing engineering calculations related to energy efficiency.
- 3+ years experience with energy efficiency related to HVAC, lighting, pumping, process heating and process cooling.
- 3+ years field experience working on commercial, agricultural and/or industrial energy efficiency or related equipment, including commissioning, M&V, audits, surveys, NMEC, etc
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check)
What we would like you to have:
- 3+ years developing workpapers (Measure Packages) for California programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with California deemed and custom project requirements.
- Demonstrated familiarity with California energy regulatory policy including CPUC funded efficiency programs and building/equipment energy codes including Title 20 and Title 24.
- Advanced degree in engineering or physical sciences.
- Licensed engineer.
- CEM certification.
- Demonstrated experience with agricultural, CEA and/or food production processes and equipment.
- Familiarity with both electric and natural gas end use equipment as it applies to agriculture and food processing.
- Familiarity with the eTRM
- Prior participation in a custom project and/or NMEC working group
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)