Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Columbia, MD | Hybrid
We are currently seeking an Energy Engineer to join our Mid-Atlantic Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for the Maryland energy efficiency programs.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and other trade allies participating in the utility-sponsored programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prepare and review technical specifications and engineering calculations for commercial and industrial energy efficiency measures and projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the energy efficiency industry including architects, engineers, contractors, and customers.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating service providers and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Conduct program trainings as needed for prospective participants.
- Assess whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities within projects and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Architecture, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management) or related trade experience
- 1+ years of related experience with energy efficiency
- 1+ years experience with energy modeling platforms
What we would like you to have:
- 1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- LEED or CEM credentials
- Working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy modeling, energy efficiency technologies and products, and commercial energy issues in both existing buildings and new construction
- Commercial construction industry in Maryland or experience working with commercial construction at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization
- Knowledge of applicable MD’s construction building codes and practices.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building, building science principles
- Knowledge of commercial energy-efficient applications and renewable technologies
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)