Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency & Renewables Outreach Intern
To support our dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking an Energy Efficiency/Renewables Outreach Intern to work in our Commercial Energy Division. Outreach Interns support Outreach Managers and staff in contacting and meeting with potential partners regarding the implementation of sustainable building energy upgrades. Interns work on multiple initiatives concurrently and assume an active role on project teams. For this position, the projects will largely focus on supporting initiatives in the New York City market.
The Energy Efficiency/Renewables Outreach Intern should have a general background or interest in sustainable building practices, especially building upgrades and new construction, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong inter-personal skills. Some experience in marketing or communications is preferred. The Energy Efficiency/Renewables Outreach Intern will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. This part-time position will be remote, starting in Summer 2021.
As an Energy Efficiency/Renewables Outreach Intern, You Will:
- Contribute to the promotion of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Prospecting and follow up with potential business partners
- Prepare correct and on time activity reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Supporting outreach and administrative efforts
- Drafting and executing presentations
- Supporting energy analysis efforts
As an Energy Efficiency/Renewables Outreach Intern, You Will Have:
- Demonstrated interest or background in building energy issues.
- Quantitative skills, such as Excel and the entire Microsoft office suite.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills and attention to detail
- Able to work well in teams and elicit information easily
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Sustainability, Environmental Science, or related subjects.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Remote Office (NY99)