Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Project Manager- MD/VA/DC location
Energy Efficiency Project Manager
ICF seeks a project manager, to support the fast-growing portfolio of Energy Efficiency Programs in Maryland. Working closely with the portfolio lead, this person will act as deputy and be responsible for monitoring and supporting the successful delivery of operations across multiple functional areas, including internal operations, client support, and project performance. This position will need to effectively interface with staff and clients, locally, in Maryland and Washington, DC.
- Assist with the management of utility project performance including financial management, contract deliverables, strategic planning, quality assurance, and operational efficiencies.
- Internal staff coordination of project including, but not limited to, internal portfolio reviews, and working with internal program leads to ensure minimum targets are met.
- Collaboration with a multi-functional project team comprised of technical and marketing specialists (including ICF internal staff and subcontractors) to ensure timely and professional completion of all tasks and achieve specific program goals and objectives.
- Monitor regulated performance metrics and work with project managers and regional support staff on any necessary adjustments to filed utility plans.
- Coordinate and oversee continuous improvement efforts to maximize the client experience and reduce operating costs.
- Review and edit deliverables to client including, but not limited to, monthly progress reports, quarterly presentations, and semi-annual regulatory reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as a project manager in a consulting environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience using project management tools (Teams, SharePoint, Planner, Gantt Charts, and MS Project).
- Experience leading and building teams as well as mentoring and motivating employees.
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Experience in the field of Energy Efficiency or related markets.
- Experience in the field of operations or continuous improvement. (PMP, Six Sigma certifications encouraged).
- Familiarity with residential, commercial, or industrial market and related energy efficient and/or renewable technologies.
- Experience in financial management and/or forecasting.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to take direction and work independently towards final results.
- Attention to detail and thorough in completing work and tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolve challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Partnering and collaboration skills to develop networks, build alliances, engage in cross‐functional activities and find common ground with stakeholders.
- Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems. Stability; the capacity to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)